| Martin's Crystal Caliburn Score Page|
My Crystal Caliburn For Windows High Scores And Game Stats
| ||High Score 1||High Score 2||High Score 3||High Score 4|
|Achieved On||Sep 16, 1995||Oct 31, 1995||Jan 01, 1995||Apr 28, 1995|
I qualified for and received the 250'000'000 and the 500'000'000 t-shirts (pictured below). In the final 1995 contest standings I was 26th among all Windows and Mac gamers :)
250M T-Shirt Design / 500M T-Shirt Design
These stats were generated with a Quattro Pro spread sheet analyzing the score log:
|Games Played||1,064 since 9-Nov-94|
|Highest Score||634,195,280 by MARTIN|
|More Top Scores|
|Top 2-5. Scores||499,137,300||491,502,710||488,371,450||483,681,620|
|Top 6-9. Scores||466,128,590||457,517,280||446,500,160||444,900,640|
|As of 03-Apr-97||Average||Max||Min||Sum|
Game Tips And Strategies
[ Top | Up to Pinball Simulation Page | Music | Travel | Miscellany ]
- Try to get as many knights as possible during Autobattle. The best thing to do is to
master a direct shot from the left flipper up the Glass Island Ramp. This will light
Accolade Knight. Instead of attempting a shot at the Camelot Castle Ramp, let the ball drain and
let the plunger score the knight. Repeat as long as Autobattle stays on. You should be able to
score about 5 knights this way. This strategy also yields one knight with every new ball.
If you miss the Glass Island Ramp, try to light Accolade Knight as quickly as possible any way you can
and let the ball drain again. Try not to get the ball caught up in the bumpers or upper areas as
this costs precious Autobattle time.
- Try to lock a ball in the Top Hole or Merlin Hole as soon as lock becomes lit for either hole
by completing the Devil Dragon Spot Target Bank multiple times. If the current ball drains, the locked ball
will be released (which unlights the lock holes so you need to work towards multibattle again but
at least you don't lose a ball).
- Unless it is the last ball, don't get the 12th knight, which will enable the holy grail, without
having all or most of your defenses up (kickbacks, return lane lights etc.). If you have all 12
knights and the ball drains, the knights will reset and you have to get them all over. Either try
to build up your defenses before getting knight #12 or possibly even wait it out until the next ball.
Of course, if you are confident in getting the holy grail, do whatever...
- Try to avoid a multibattle while the holy grail is lit (you can't get the holy grail during multibattle).
Most likely multibattle will use up your defenses and you'll find yourself at the losing end by the time you're
down to one ball again and can aim for the grail.
- If two balls are already locked, avoid getting the multibattle Flashing Award and instead lock a third ball.
Flashing Award multibattle will waste the two balls locked already and your only chance for another multibattle
will be to lock 3 balls again or cycle through the Flashing Awards till multibattle comes up again.
- During multibattle, pay attention to the jackpot that can be scored multiple times by completing
the Devil Dragon Spot Target Bank and shooting the Camelot Castle Ramp. Note that draining with Autobattle on
will unlight the jackpot temporarily, so you have to try to get the ramp directly.
- If the ball is on the left flipper, aim for the Devil Dragon Spot Target Bank rather than the
Camelot Castle Ramp, especially if Battle Bumpers are on. If the Camelot Castle Ramp isn't desperately needed,
ignore it as it will put your ball in more danger if you miss than aiming at said target bank.
- During Holy Grail multibattle, aim for the Dragon Cave Underground Lane as often as possible
while it is lit.
- Practice to hit the Glass Island Ramp from a stopped ball on the right flipper. Hold the ball on the right
flipper every time you can and shoot the ramp.
- Practice to hit the Glass Island Ramp from a newly plunged ball and then
shoot it directly up the Camelot Castle Ramp without holding it (left flipper for both).
If Autobattle is on, this is the most reliable and least nerve-wrecking way to
get the Holy Grail when it is lit, just drain and do your shot.
Last updated September 17, 1998 by Martin Mathis, e-mail lastbandit.com